Terms of Reference
Education & Children Protection Program Coordinator
Duration: 3months. The first month will be a probation period. The contract is renewable pending available funds.
Location: Baghdad with travel to other governorate as required.
ALMORTAQA for Development is an Iraqi independent non-governmental, non-profit, public benefit civil society organization, founded by a group of activists from the Iraqi civil society, on 31/08/2005, and was officially licensed by NGOs Directorate in the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers. It operates officially in accordance with the Iraqi law. ALMORTAQA for Development is the first local civil society organization to get UN’s special consultative status at the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations since 2013.
About the position:
ALMORTAQA seeks to employee an Education & Children Protection Program Coordinator(ECP.PC) based in Baghdad to be responsible on the management of the education and child protection projects of ALMORTAQA to be implemented in Iraq including the current ECP project in Salahdin, (Full Time).ECP.PC will also often responsible for Leading/conducting assessments, tests and education and child protection service drills and exercises with the officials, and with first responders and other stockholder, and coordinating and conducting training activities and programs.
This person will be responsible for program activities focused on education and experienced developing curriculums, programs, and strategic plans with a strong handle onfundraising,staff capacity building skills is preferable.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
• Work closely with all senior managers to fulfil ALMORTAQA mandate and strategic objectives.
• Ensure the proper implementation of the plans, achieving expected results per indicators.
• Reviewing and analyzing ECP management plans and procedures and provide recommendations for revisions.
• Ensuring that all ECPPlans and operating procedures are understood by the staff.
• Work closely with all senior managers to ensure that all internal and donor policies are implemented effectively.
• Conducting risk and threat assessments and providing disaster mitigation, response, and recovery procedures to local officials.
• Supervise the project coordinators/officers in their implementation of all related project activities, including their support and monitoring plans and field visits to all locations. In addition to ensuring preparedness of available equipment and supplies.
• Developing educational and community outreach programs and working with business and community groups Responsible for competent education programs will be implemented by the generality of Iraq ALMORTAQA.
• Foster continuous improvement ECP programs.
• Manage all the reporting requirements including narrative reports, mid-term reports, final reports, M&E reports …etc.
• As required, ensure the proper design and implementation of the components of the projects in collaboration with relevant project staff.
• Participate in key field coordination meetings and visits.
• Build coordination and collaborations with current and potentially partners/donors.
• Quality services and promote positive systemic changes to the project.
• Research, design, and implement ECP programs that meet constituent’s needs andeducation and child protection standards.
• Participates in defining all ECP projects positions (recruitment, training, monitoring, setting objectives, support and assessments for staff)
• Supervise and train volunteers and staff as needed
Minimal Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
• Iraqi National. Lives in Baghdad.
• Relevant university degree. Master degree is a plus.
• Minimum5 years of relevant experience, working in project management roles in development, education and child protection, and emergency settings with international/local NGOs, UN agencies.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience managing projects targeting civil society (especially Local NGOs) and local authorities.
• Fluent in English (Read, Write, Speak)
• Very good analytical, reporting and computer applications skills
• Knowledge and understanding of the international humanitarian/development system and the mandates of the actors involved
• Knowledge and understanding of donors and UN agencies rules and regulations.
• Knowledge and skills in proposal writing.
• Knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of the Iraqi context
• Commitment to humanitarian principles and action
• Good representation, communication, interpersonal and team spirit skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences
• Culturally sensitivity and tolerance
• Energetic, positive, adaptable and flexible
How to apply
If interested, please send your resume and a cover letter to
indicating the position title in the subject of the email.
The deadline for application is November 3rd 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please note: that given the urgency of vacancy the position may be filled before the due date.